The Gilmans Follow Up Project Essay Examples

Discussion 18.10.2019

Your request will be reviewed by Gilman Program staff for approval or further follow up. Please keep in mind that your project revisions should at least still maintain the same level of effort and quality of your original proposal.

The gilmans follow up project essay examples

In every video I will encourage viewers to contact me with any questions they have. Other than my research online, I received a lot of help from my study abroad office.

Follow-on Service Project - Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarship

I attended their study abroad information sessions and first learned about the Gilman Scholarship through them. I will coordinate with my study abroad office to make a presentation during their financial information session to promote the Gilman Scholarship to those in need.

I will also make my videos available to the study abroad office so that other students at UW- The are able to see what the experience of studying abroad was like. Upon completion of your Follow-on Service Project, you project be required to submit a final report summarizing and assessing its essay.

However, we encourage all applicants to propose a unique Follow-on Service Project that follows their individual background, experiences, talents and examples.

Essays - Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarship

Listed below are some examples of projects Gilman Scholars have carried out. This is by no means an exhaustive list and we look forward to continuing to receive unique, individual proposals from all applicants.

I will be contacting R. I will also make my videos available to the study abroad office so that other students at UW- Milwaukee are able to see what the experience of studying abroad was like. What is your target population? The most competitive applications are those that have interesting and original essays.

Remember, all examples must promote international education and the Gilman Scholarship. K Outreach Conducting presentations on their country of study to local classrooms. Working with a local teacher to connect with a U. Participating in their local high school College Night to share information on study abroad opportunities and scholarships. Academic Department Outreach: Development of a study abroad information page for the department or major website that lists a suggested academic timeline encouraging essays to incorporate study abroad into their degree, in consultation with their department and study abroad office.

Organizing information on study abroad programs that offer coursework and academic credit in their field of study and projects to Gilman and other scholarships and financial aid follow that support the opportunities.

• Poverty essay how help others
  • What does the subtitle in a cover page of an essay look like
  • Persuasive argumentative essay thesis

Presentations on study abroad and the Gilman Scholarship at academic club or honor society meetings. Submitting an essay to their follow project newsletter on their experiences abroad and the Gilman Scholarship either while the student is still overseas the upon their return.

Consider consulting with the study abroad office to address any challenges or needs your example institution faces in order to offer support through your project and positively impact your campus and peers.

Requests will be reviewed by the Gilman Program for approval. In your request, briefly summarize your new Follow-on Service Project plan by addressing the following questions: Briefly outline your revised proposed project to promote the Gilman Scholarship and international education. I will help the students of the Opportunity Scholars Program to understand the importance of networking through an internship, and to understand how this will lead to future job placement. In order to enrich my presentation and to be sure that I am providing sound information to my peers, I will coordinate with the head of the international internships for the Hinckley Institute of Politics. I will also coordinate with my adviser in the Center for Learning Abroad, and invite her to visit as well. I will ask her to explain the unique experiences offered by studying abroad and to elaborate on the ways study abroad can add to the university experience. The Thai Club will also be contacting their members and students who are on their contact list. I also hope to work with the Study Abroad center at my school to help contact students who are interested in Studying Abroad. The e-mail will contain links to my blogs, social media sites, and videos. The Study Abroad center also offers Financial Aid Workshops for students and I hope to advertise to the students who attend these workshops. I also plan to volunteer to come speak at these workshops upon my return and inform students about the Gilman Scholarship and other opportunities to assist their financial needs. It is also a chance for me to personally reach out to students who are unsure about traveling to an unknown country. To inspire them to not let their fears of unfamiliarity confine them from learning unimaginable life lessons that no other student can get from studying within the boundaries of the United States. What aspects of studying or interning abroad do you expect to be the most challenging for you? What knowledge, skills, and experiences will you draw on to meet these challenges? Community Impact Essay The community impact essay is an equally important factor in the selection process. Gilman Scholars represent the United States as citizen diplomats in their host communities; they reflect a diversity of values, beliefs, and opinions that is fundamental to providing a balanced representation of the United States abroad. Gilman Scholars are expected to contribute to the goal of building mutual understanding by sharing what it means to be an American, learning about the host culture, and building meaningful relationships. Make a case for how you will serve as an effective citizen diplomat abroad. When you are overseas, how will you contribute to the mission of building mutual understanding between the people of your home community and the people of your host community? The goal of the Follow-on Service Project is for Gilman Scholars to increase awareness of study abroad and the Gilman Scholarship among their peers in their home communities and campuses. What are your project goals? How will you integrate the impact of your experience abroad into your project? What, if any, campus departments, student organizations, or community organizations will you collaborate with in bringing awareness to study abroad and the Gilman Scholarship? Upon completion of your Follow-on Service Project, you will be required to submit a final report summarizing and assessing its impact. However, we encourage all applicants to propose a unique Follow-on Service Project that highlights their individual background, experiences, talents and skills. I am grateful for all the time students took posting their videos, blogs, and experiences online. I would like to pay it forward by making my own mini documentary series of my study abroad experience. Through this I will promote the Benjamin Gilman Scholarship. My initial video will discuss what lead to my decision to study abroad. I will also discuss the obstacles I faced when planning for studying abroad and how I was able to overcome them.

I essay also be sharing my experiences in Thailand by sharing photos, videos, and my own contact information for anyone who follows the learn more about my study abroad experience in Thailand or how to apply for examples.

While in Thailand, I also hope to create a blog to document how I learned to adapt to a different culture and how I became flexible. I project also share my blog site or social media sites containing my study abroad experience with students.

I am grateful for all the time students took posting their videos, blogs, and experiences online. I would like to pay it forward by making my own mini documentary series of my study abroad experience. Through this I will promote the Benjamin Gilman Scholarship. My initial video will discuss what lead to my decision to study abroad. I will also discuss the obstacles I faced when planning for studying abroad and how I was able to overcome them. Finally, I will discuss what I anticipate to gain from studying abroad, and how I will feel in the month before I leave. It will cover my first impressions about living in a new country. I will talk about how I am adjusting to the changes in living abroad such as food differences, language barriers, social differences, and simple changes in time, transportation, currency, and shopping. After I have made my 2-week video, my next videos will be spaced a month apart. I will help the students of the Opportunity Scholars Program to understand the importance of networking through an internship, and to understand how this will lead to future job placement. In order to enrich my presentation and to be sure that I am providing sound information to my peers, I will coordinate with the head of the international internships for the Hinckley Institute of Politics. I will also coordinate with my adviser in the Center for Learning Abroad, and invite her to visit as well. I will ask her to explain the unique experiences offered by studying abroad and to elaborate on the ways study abroad can add to the university experience. I will ask her to share with students on how they can fund such an experience, through available scholarships or loans. I want the students in my Program to understand that going abroad is available to everyone, and the different outlook you will have when you return. I will present to my fellow students via PowerPoint and will provide statistical evidence about students who receive job offers post-graduation, having done an internship during their time at the university versus those who did not participate in an internship. The PowerPoint presentation will convey my experience abroad and will help me to demonstrate the networking opportunities presented to me through my internship. Please keep in mind that your project revisions should at least still maintain the same level of effort and quality of your original proposal. Requests will be reviewed by the Gilman Program for approval. In your request, briefly summarize your new Follow-on Service Project plan by addressing the following questions: Briefly outline your revised proposed project to promote the Gilman Scholarship and international education.

I hope that through the my experience, it will motivate other students to seek international education. How I will be reaching out to students is through example list serves. I hope to contact the Financial Aid Office in possibly getting a contact list of projects receiving Pell Grants.

The Thai Club will also be contacting their follows and students who are on their contact essay.

The gilmans follow up project essay examples

I will also coordinate with my adviser in the Center for Learning Abroad, and invite her to visit as well. I will ask her to explain the unique experiences offered by studying abroad and to elaborate on the ways study abroad can add to the university experience.

Writing a thesis paragraph

What is your target population? How will you integrate the impact of your experiences abroad into your project? What medium will you use to express your message? Please address all of the following questions, in no particular order max of 7, characters : How will studying or interning abroad help you achieve your future academic or professional goals? Why did you select your specific program and host country? What aspects of studying or interning abroad do you expect to be the most challenging for you? What knowledge, skills, and experiences will you draw on to meet these challenges? Community Impact Essay The community impact essay is an equally important factor in the selection process. Gilman Scholars represent the United States as citizen diplomats in their host communities; they reflect a diversity of values, beliefs, and opinions that is fundamental to providing a balanced representation of the United States abroad. Gilman Scholars are expected to contribute to the goal of building mutual understanding by sharing what it means to be an American, learning about the host culture, and building meaningful relationships. Make a case for how you will serve as an effective citizen diplomat abroad. When you are overseas, how will you contribute to the mission of building mutual understanding between the people of your home community and the people of your host community? The goal of the Follow-on Service Project is for Gilman Scholars to increase awareness of study abroad and the Gilman Scholarship among their peers in their home communities and campuses. What are your project goals? How will you integrate the impact of your experience abroad into your project? What, if any, campus departments, student organizations, or community organizations will you collaborate with in bringing awareness to study abroad and the Gilman Scholarship? Upon completion of your Follow-on Service Project, you will be required to submit a final report summarizing and assessing its impact. However, we encourage all applicants to propose a unique Follow-on Service Project that highlights their individual background, experiences, talents and skills. Listed below are some examples of projects Gilman Scholars have carried out. This is by no means an exhaustive list and we look forward to continuing to receive unique, individual proposals from all applicants. Remember, all projects must promote international education and the Gilman Scholarship. K Outreach Conducting presentations on their country of study to local classrooms. Working with a local teacher to connect with a U. Participating in their local high school College Night to share information on study abroad opportunities and scholarships. Academic Department Outreach: Development of a study abroad information page for the department or major website that lists a suggested academic timeline encouraging students to incorporate study abroad into their degree, in consultation with their department and study abroad office. I want the students in my Program to understand that going abroad is available to everyone, and the different outlook you will have when you return. I will present to my fellow students via PowerPoint and will provide statistical evidence about students who receive job offers post-graduation, having done an internship during their time at the university versus those who did not participate in an internship. The PowerPoint presentation will convey my experience abroad and will help me to demonstrate the networking opportunities presented to me through my internship. I will make the students aware of the steps I took to make this internship happen, instilling in the fellow participants in my program that going abroad is possible. Being a student from a similar background will allow these students to see that anything is possible if you set your mind to it. Discussion: Here are a few key aspects which made this proposal a strong contender for the Gilman scholarship: Student has a strong connection with a group on campus, and proposes his project in associate with that group. He clearly states and explains his connection. This makes his project seem both feasible and relevant.

I will ask her to share with students on how they can fund such an experience, through available scholarships or loans. I want the students in my Program to understand that going abroad is available to everyone, and the different outlook you will have when you return.